Literacy enrichment programs help children experience success in reading. Our Reading Adventures program is an exciting, challenging enrichment program that advances reading skills in areas such as comprehension, vocabulary and fluency, through fun and engaging activities.
Our research-based program is ideal for children ages five and older. Reading Adventures encourages a lifelong love of reading and gives your child a head start on the future.
An Adventure at Every Turn of the Page
Through fun hands-on experiences, your child will learn a variety of important skills, including:
- How to apply the short- and long-vowel sound when reading words
- Recognizing commonly used words that cannot be sounded out
- Expanding knowledge of letter and sound relationships
- Sharing chapter books in a book-club format
- Expressing thoughts and ideas through creative writing
You'll be amazed at how your child's love of reading develops!
Specialized educational materials, games and activities will ensure that your child retains strong reading skills. He or she will develop an expanded vocabulary and comprehension skills. As confidence builds through increased fluency, you'll watch your child excel with reading at every turn.
After each session, your child's teacher will provide you with an individualized note detailing what your child learned on his or her adventure.