Year-End Statement Information

Did You Know?

  • Knowledge BeginningsĀ® provides families with a "Year-End Statement" upon request. This statement is intended to provide you with a tool to assist with your income tax return preparation.
  • The information on the statement should be tied back to your personal records (copies of your cancelled checks, your bank or debit/credit statement, online payments and/or money order receipts) to determine the appropriate amounts of dependent care expenses to claim in preparing your tax return.
  • A copy of your statement is now available at your center.

Obtain Your Year-End Statement:

  • If your family currently attends a Knowledge Beginnings center or if you have withdrawn from a Knowledge Beginnings center, please see the Center Director to obtain your Year-End Statement.
  • If the Knowledge Beginnings center your family attended is no longer open for business, or in the event your current Center Director is unable to furnish you with a copy of your Year-End Statement, please click here to complete a Year-End Statement Request Form.

Helpful Tips:

  • Unfortunately, the tax law is detailed, and in some cases confusing, as it relates to the dependent care expenses. Limitations and exceptions are spelled out in greater detail in the instructions to IRS form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses. A copy of this form and the accompanying instructions can be found on the IRS website,
  • Many employers also maintain "cafeteria plans" or other programs which can be used to pay child-care costs with "pretax" dollars. We urge you to inquire if your employer has any such available benefits.
  • Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Information for further details.

Helpful Links:
Year-End Statement Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for making Knowledge Beginnings centers a part of your lives.